Monday, January 25, 2016

Ananas Restaurant - Sydney Rocks

It's been a year since I was last here and I wondered if it was as good as it was. I was not disappointed it has kept its French charm and the food was excellent . I started with escargot which were very tasty but not near enough as they were delightful. My colleague had the Seared Tuna Salad which was very good. We both had a simple steak but it was cooked to perfection medium rare with good caramelisation on top. This was served with a few sides which were just as good.

The wine list was reasonable as was the price and the service was good without being intrusive. It is somewhere that you take your partner for a romantic dinner but it has has a buzz about it so you feel like you could be in France. It gets my tick of approval and I will return. I would have taken more photos but the food was so good I ate too fast and forgot. By the way my business colleague really liked it as well and was very complimentary about the food and service. So well done Ananas.

Seared Tuna Salad

Escargot